To: All Active JPPSS Full-Time Employees
The JFT Health and Welfare Fund (Fund) in a joint cooperative effort with the Jefferson Parish School Board (JPSB) is pleased to announce that the Fund will be offering dental and vision coverage to all eligible employees and their dependents of the Jefferson Parish Public School System (JPPSS).
Effective January 1, 2016, the dental coverage will be provided through Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian) and vision coverage will be offered through Davis Vision.
There are some changes to coverage this year. Please review the attached summaries carefully so you understand what is changing and make the best choices for you and your family in 2016.
Highlights of the New Coverages, Effective January 1, 2016:
- The Open Enrollment Period begins September 28, 2015 and continues through October 30, 2015.
- JPPSS pays 100% of the cost of employee only for dental and/or vision coverage. You must enroll (or already be enrolled) to receive coverage.
- You pay 100% of the cost for dependent coverage through payroll deductions. Please note the new premium rates effective January 1, 2016 as shown on the attached summaries.
- If you want to maintain the dental and/or vision coverages for yourself and your dependents (if currently covered), you do not need to do anything. Your current employee and dependent coverages elections will rollover to Guardian and Davis Vision.
- If you are an active employee working 20 hours or more per week and you are not currently enrolled, you are eligible to enroll in the Guardian dental plan and Davis Vision plan during Open Enrollment. 
- If you are an active employee, you may add, drop or change coverage for yourself and/or your dependents for the dental and/or vision plans during Open Enrollment.
- Both the dental and vision plans offer coverage for dependent children through the last day of the month in which they turn age 26. Previous requirements under the dental plan for children above age 21 to be a full-time student and financially dependent on the employee for support have been eliminated. 1
This information is believed to be accurate as of the production date. However, if there is a discrepancy between the language in this notice and attached summaries and the language in the dental certificate of coverage or the vision certificate of coverage, the certificate of coverage will govern.
Note: If you and/or any of your eligible dependents do not enroll when first eligible, late enrollment rules will apply under the dental plan.